Personalized category recommendation on home page
Category recommendations allow you to shorten the conversion path, so customers reach products in fewer steps and are less likely to resign. By presenting personalized category recommendations, the path to the product is shortened significantly.
This use case will show you how to create a category recommendation that consists of 4 top categories predicted for each single user with AI based models.
- The item feed must be provided.
- The attribute recommendation type must be enabled in AI Engine Configuration.
Optionally, you can provide metadata catalog.
Create a recommendation
- Go to Communication > Recommendations > Add recommendation.
- In the top left corner, enter the name of your recommendation.
- In the Type & Source section, click Define.
- From the Catalog dropdown menu, choose the provided feed.
- Choose the Attribute recommendation type.
- From the dropdown menu that appear at the bottom, choose your Metadata catalog.
- Click Apply.
- In the Items section, click Define.
- Click Add slot.
- Define the minimum and maximum number of brands that will be recommended to the user.
In our example, both will equal 4, as we want to always present 4 categories.
- From the Items attribute dropdown, choose the
- In the Category level input area that appear, define the category level as a numeric value.
Note: If your products categories have a
X > Y > Zstructure, level 0 will be
X > Y > Z. Level 1 will be
X > Yand so on. Here, you define how granular the category recommendations will be. For example, if you are selling shoes, you will have a
Outdoor > Sport > Runningcategory and a
Outdoor > Sport > Footballcategory. If level 0 is provided, both categories can be recommended. If level 1 is provided
Outdoor > Sportcategory will be recommended to the user.
- Click Apply.
- In the top right corner, click Save
You can display the recommendation on your home page by using dynamic content.
- Go to Communication > Dynamic content > New dynamic content.
- In the body of the dynamic content, use the recommendation insert.
Note: Read more about how to use recommendation in inserts here.
- Add CSS and/or HTML to the dynamic content.
- Define the rest of the settings.
Check the use case set up on the Synerise Demo workspace
You can check the recommendation configuration directly in Synerise Demo workspace.
If you don’t have access to the Synerise Demo workspace, please leave your contact details in this form, and our representative will contact you shortly.