Define language and separators
In this section of the index settings you can select the language of the search engine and define how words are separated.
To select the language of the search engine, go to AI Search. Create an index or select an existing one from the list. Go to the Settings tab. In the Settings section, click Define.
- From the dropdown list, select a language.
- If you want to display unavailable items in the search results, enable the Include out of stock items option.
This option lets you define how words are separated in your attributes. The attribute values are divided into single searchable words (tokens).
- The default separator is a space.
- You can change to the Standard characters separator type. The full list of separators is available at UAX #29: Unicode Text Segmentation.
- You can also specify custom separators by adding them as Java Regular Expressions. All characters specified will be used as separators.
Let’s assume that you want to divide attribute values into words (tokens) based on whitespace characters and the following three characters
. , and
/. In such case, enter the following pattern in the Custom separator input field: