STEP 5 Marketing consent
Synerise lets you use default marketing agreements (such as for email newsletters) and create your custom ones, for example consent to receive communications that feature alcohol.
The custom agreements are profile attributes, which are then used to recognize the customers who enabled them (for example, to create target audiences for an ad) and can be managed like any other attribute with the APIs and SDKs.
- Collect agreements in other tools and import them into Synerise to facilitate communication with customers.
- Use Synerise as the main agreement collection tool and database and export that data to your other databases.
Pulling data from other systems into Synerise
|If you want to:||then:|
Importing data into Synerise
You can import profile data into Synerise in the following ways:
- By using the
If a profile sent in the request doesn’t exist in Synerise, it is created.
Custom agreements are sent as properties of the
See developer guide.
- By using the “Import profiles” node to upload the data from a CSV, XML, JSON or JSONL files from a server or from your device.
This solution lets you use data transformation to modify data while importing in order to meet the requirements (such as column names) of the Synerise database. Thanks to this, the data on your server or device doesn’t need to be modified before being uploaded to Synerise.
- By using incoming integrations to upload data. Such an incoming integration should be secured with JWT.
The above solutions can be used in real-time (for each profile as soon as it changes) or periodically (for example, once a day for the whole profile database).
Synerise as the central agreement database
|If you want to:||then:|
|Use only Synerise to:
Exporting data from Synerise
Profile data can be exported from Synerise into your other systems by using Automations:
- The outgoing webhook integration lets you send an API request to any service.
The target endpoint must be capable of accepting large amounts of data in multiple requests.
These exports can be made:
- in real-time, triggered for each profile when it’s created or when its data changes.
- Periodically, for the entire profile database or by using analytics to only send profiles that were created or modified since last export.
Each profile update/creation is a separate request to the external API. A batch export option is not available in Automation.
- The SFTP and HTTP “Send File” nodes let you export a segment of profiles as a CSV file to another service.
An example of using SFTP integration with the “Get profiles” node is described in Synchronize customer data with external services.
Collecting opt-out data with a resignation page
You can use a resignation page to collect email opt-outs. It can be created in one of your systems or in Synerise.
External resignation page
When creating an email in Synerise, you can add a link to your own resignation page that sends data directly to your system.
After the customer opts out, you need to inform Synerise about the consent update.
- If your integration is configured to push data into Synerise immediately when a profile is updated, you don’t need to do anything additionally.
- If you normally import data periodically, you should update opt-out data immediately.
You can do this:
Resignation page created in Synerise
If you use a Synerise landing page to collect opt-outs, you need to:
- Update the agreement in one of the following ways:
- Export the updated consent data to an external system..