Integrating SMS gateway
An SMS gateway lets you send SMS messages by providing a relay to a telecom network. Synerise can integrate with SMS gateways and help you organize and effectively manage SMS communication.
You can integrate Synerise with the following gateways:
- Redlink - This integration allows you to use an in-built feature of shortening links. Synerise passes a message with the link in a long form to the gateway and the gateway sends it as a shortened URL. To use this feature, you must enable it by switching the Short URL mechanism toggle on.
Note: Synerise allows shortening links too.
- Go to Settings > Apps & Services.
- Find the SMS gateway you want to configure and next to the name of the gateway, click Show.
- Click Add connection.
- Switch the Enable connection toggle on.
- Enter the credentials of the gateway (available on your gateway account).
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
After enabling the integration with the SMS gateway, create an SMS account from which the text messages will be sent to your recipients.
Create SMS account
- Go to Settings > SMS > Add SMS account.
- In the Account name field, enter the name of the account. It will be displayed on the list of SMS accounts.
- In the From name/SenderId field, enter the name (alias) that will be displayed as the name of sender in the inbox of the recipient.
WARNING: Make sure the gateway plan covers this feature.
- From the SMS provider list, select the SMS gateway.
- Confirm by clicking Save.
Result: The new account is visible on the list in Settings > Configuration > SMS.Important: You can add only one SMS account with a given provider.